Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. What they have in common is making a difference in the lives of other people. Sometimes it’s many people and sometimes it’s just a few, but any good deed is worth celebrating. Shine a light on your heroes by nominating them in one or several categories. They can be people or organisations who directly help others, whose work is improving the wellbeing of others, or whose achievements are inspiring others. All award winners receive a FREE trip to Bangkok and a range of gifts. Nominations are FREE and close at 5pm on Friday 20 September 2019.
All awards recognize work undertaken in specific countries in Asia and the Pacific or across the region more broadly:
- Social Justice – an individual working in the fields of politics, the law, advocacy or human rights whose work has advanced the human and/or civil rights of LGBTI people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Health & Wellbeing - an individual working in the fields of healthcare, medicine or research whose work has improved the health and wellbeing of LGBTI people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Community Ally – a non-LGBTI individual or a commercial/for profit organisation whose work or support has been of significant benefit to LGBT people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Community Organisation - a community/not for profit organisation which has worked to improve the health and/or rights of LGBT people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Young Achiever – an LGBTI person or person with HIV under 30 years of age who has improved the lives of LGBTI people or people with HIV in any capacity
- Transgender Hero – a transgender person who has improved the lives of transgender people in any capacity.
- HIV Hero – a person with HIV who has improved the lives of people with HIV in any capacity.
- Community Hero – an LGBTI person who has improved the lives of LGBT people in any capacity.
- Business Ally - A business ally who support LGBTI movement.
- Nominations are FREE.
- You can nominate yourself or the organisation you work for, or a person or organisation you admire.
- People and organisations can be nominated in multiple categories.
- Nominations for all awards must be received by 5pm on Friday 20 September 2019.
- The HERO Awards judging panel will comprise representatives of APN+, APTN, ILGA Asia and APCOM’s Regional Advisory Group.
- The HERO Awards judging panel will select three (3) finalists and one (1) winner for each category.
- All finalists will be announced in October 2019 on the APCOM website.
- All finalists will be invited to attend the Awards ceremony on 22 November. However only the winner of each category will be supported financially to attend the ceremony.
- The winner of each category will receive a stylish trophy and an exquisite floral bouquet.
The nomination for this year has already closed. Please keep in touch with us for next year's nomination.