Nomination for HERO Awards 2018 has closed.
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. What they have in common is making a difference in the lives of other people. Sometimes it’s many people and sometimes it’s just a few, but any good deed is worth celebrating. Shine a light on your heroes by nominating them in one or several categories. They can be people or organisations who directly help others, whose work is improving the wellbeing of others, or whose achievements are inspiring others. All award winners receive a FREE trip to Bangkok and a range of gifts. Nominations are FREE and close at 5pm on Sunday 30 September 2018.
All awards recognize work undertaken in specific countries in Asia and the Pacific or across the region more broadly:
- Social Justice – an individual working in the fields of politics, the law, advocacy or human rights whose work has advanced the human and/or civil rights of LGBT people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Health & Wellbeing - an individual working in the fields of healthcare, medicine or research whose work has improved the health and wellbeing of LGBT people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Community Ally – a non-LGBT individual or a commercial/for profit organisation whose work or support has been of significant benefit to LGBT people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Community Organisation - a community/not for profit organisation which has worked to improve the health and/or rights of LGBT people and/or people affected by HIV.
- Young Achiever – an LGBT person or person with HIV under 30 years of age who has improved the lives of LGBT people or people with HIV in any capacity
- Transgender Hero – a transgender person who has improved the lives of transgender people in any capacity.
- HIV Hero – a person with HIV who has improved the lives of people with HIV in any capacity.
- Community Hero – an LGBT person who has improved the lives of LGBT people in any capacity.
- Nominations are FREE.
- You can nominate yourself or the organisation you work for, or a person or organisation you admire.
- People and organisations can be nominated in multiple categories.
- Nominations for all awards must be received by 5pm on Sunday 30 September 2018.
- The HERO Awards judging panel will comprise representatives of APN+, APTN, ILGA Asia and APCOM’s Regional Advisory Group.
- The HERO Awards judging panel will select three (3) finalists and one (1) winner for each category.
- All finalists will be announced on Monday 22 October 2018 on the APCOM website.
- All finalists will be invited to attend the Awards ceremony on Friday 30 November. However only the winner of each category will be supported financially to attend the ceremony.
- The winner of each category will receive a stylish trophy and an exquisite floral bouquet.
If the form below doesn't work for you, please use this LINK to nominate.